WHAT IS PORCELAIN LAMINATE VENEERS?
Porcelain laminates are porcelain leaves (0.3-0.7 mm) that are adhered to the front surfaces of the teeth. The shape, color and position of the teeth can be corrected thanks to their light transmittance and laminates that imitate natural teeth.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PORCELAIN LAMINA APPLICATIONS OVER CLASSIC PORCELAIN COLORS?
In porcelain lamina applications, not all of the enamel tissue is removed, as in classical porcelain crown applications, only the front surface of the tooth is abraded a little. In some cases, porcelain lamina can be applied without tooth cutting (Prepless)
WHAT IS THE TIME FOR PORCELAIN LAMINATE APPLICATIONS?
In cases that do not require gingival or root canal treatment, the treatment period is 5-6 days.
WHO IS APPLIED TO PORCELAIN LAMINATE?
○ Porcelain laminates can be applied to people who are not satisfied with the shape, color and position of their teeth.
○ It can be applied to people with advanced tooth discoloration in the anterior region (Tetracycline discoloration, etc.).
○ It can be applied to people with intermittent teeth.
○ It can be applied to people who have large and colored fillings in their front teeth.
○ It can be applied to people whose front teeth are broken or worn.
○ It can be applied to people who do not have a missing tooth and have not had a porcelain crown before.
○ Porcelain lamina should be applied after gingival health is restored.
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AFTER THE APPLICATION OF PORCELAIN LAMINATES?
○ Effective brushing is recommended twice a day, as in natural teeth, for patients who have had porcelain lamina application. (Electric toothbrush is preferred.)
○ Dental floss application should be done once a day.
○ When necessary, the thin interface brush should be applied once a day.
○ Eating nuts with shells should be avoided.
CAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE PORCELAIN LAMINA MADE BIT AN APPLE?
Yes, it can bite.
IS THERE A RISK OF FALLING AND BREAKING PORCELAIN LAMINATES?
Porcelain laminates are long-lasting thanks to today's adhesives.
DO PORCELAIN LAMINATES TURN YELLOW?
Porcelain laminates do not stain due to their structure. If there is no excessive use of tea, coffee, and cigarettes, porcelain laminates do not turn yellow with good oral care.